Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

Writing for 30 days

Encouraged by Richard Byrne through his Free Tech 4 Teachers blog - who was inspired by Matt Cutts of Google through his Ted talk - I am going to attempt to write for 15-20 minutes a day for the next 30 days.  I am accepting Matt Cutts' try something new for 30 days challenge because I want to become a better writer, a better blogger, and a better teacher.

Blogging is a great platform for all three of those goals.  

Like I tell my students, the best way to become a better reader or writer?  Read and write.  If I write everyday, I will become a better writer.  Hopefully, I can receive some critical feedback from others to help my writing become enjoyable to read.

I want to become a better blogger.  The bloggers I respect open themselves up for criticism and share ideas.  I have spent a few years receiving from others - which isn't really sharing, it's just taking.  Blogging about my classroom and my teaching will help me give as well as receive.

I want to become a better teacher.  I have only taught for four years and I have a lot to learn.  One thing I have learned is that when my classroom has it's door open and I am being reflective, that's when I grow.  Blogging opens up my classroom to the world and writing about my teaching will force me to be reflective.

Day one.


So this is my blog post number one of the 30-day challenge.  I don't think I will publish a post every day, but I will write every day.  Join me in sharing!  Document your comments on this blog or talk with me on Twitter at @brpumphrey.







Enjoy breathing today!

No comments:

Post a Comment